Cover design for A Temporary Future, The Fiction of David Mitchell by Patrick O’Donnell. It will be published by Bloomsbury in November next year.
Stasha Becker aka North West Mommy, the mother and photographer of her 6 year old son Julian and their huge dog, a 7 year old Newfoundland named Max. The family lives in the Pacific Northwest, on an island just above Seattle. As Stasha states, “Our island is one big playground and there are adventures galore.” The above photos show the close bond between man and best friend and hopefully their friendship will last a life time.
In a world of Photoshop, it’s not often that you find a project like the one above done without any post-processing.
In the self portraits above, JeeYoung Lee spends weeks and sometimes months creating elaborate scenes in her tiny 11.8 x 13.4 x 7.8-foot studio.
10 Amazing Abandoned Places Around the Globe
- Spree Park, Berlin, Germany
- Hotel del Salto in Colombia - featured previously on Curious History
- Gulliver’s Travels Park, Kawaguchi, Japan
- Abandoned mill in Sorrento, Italy
- Mirny (Mir) Mine is a former open pit diamond mine located in Mirny, Eastern Siberia, Russia - The second largest man-made hole in the world
- The abandoned flats in Keelung, Taiwan
- Holland Island in the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, United States
- Craco is an abandoned commune and Medieval village in Italy
- Dadipark Dadizel in Belgium
- Abandoned train depot in Czestochowa, Poland